REBATE PROGRAM TERMS-Please read carefully before applying.
- Participant must have an active City of Laredo water utility account, and in good standing, for the property where the qualifying toilet will be installed. (This program is only for residential customers.)
- Participant’s residence must have been built in 1993 or prior and must not already have a high efficiency toilet installed. (Toilets prior to 1993 used to use between 3-7 gallons of water per flush.)
- Participant must replace the old toilet with a high efficiency toilet from the List of WaterSense Labeled Toilets that carry the WaterSense label. (These toilets use an average of 1.28 gallons of water per flush and have been approved by the Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense Program.)
- Participant must submit the rebate application and the required documents in order for the application to be processed. (Incomplete applications will not be processed.)
- Participant must apply for WaterSense High Efficiency Toilet (HET) Rebate Program starting on March 12, 2012 and ending (The City of Laredo Utilities Department will announce if the end date changes.)
- Rebate(s) will be credited to the regular monthly payment of the account responsible for paying the water services delivered to the meter at the property where the high efficiency toilet was installed.